Friday, August 20, 2010

goodbye delaware, hello west virginia.

hello all! (well, probably just my mom..) It’s my first post from college! here goes.


Move in was pretty stressful, loads of traffic and i couldnt find the parking garage. but i eventually found it cuz i’m a beast like that, and then i walked over to my dorm and my parents had already moved my stuff in, which was super nice. even though i had to walk kinda far, it was awesome not having to lug much stuff upstairs. Once we rearranged everything in the room (which took waaay too long) me and my family made a target run and “unexpectedly” stopped at chilies. good stuff! we picked up a couple things we hadn’t thought of, tho i’m sure i’ll think of more soon. haha, i probably shouldn’t think about it actually, it’ll start stressing me out. i have to remember i have two more days before class and i have time to figure everything out. tomorrow Scarlet and I are going to take a stroll around campus so we can see where all our classes are. that will be helpful. its nice having an instant friend. I met our suitemates, or at least one of them. Her name is Az or something like that, i’m not sure how to spell it. She’s an upperclassmen, much like the rest of Stalnaker. Our floor meeting went well, we did the whole tell two lies and one truth and we’ll all guess which one is the truth. i said i played boys lacrosse, i was an exchange student in spain, and i tore my acl. There was a picnic for dinner tonight, i got to meet some of Scarlet (my roommate)’s friends, Cierra and her boyfriend. I’m having fun so far, no homesickness yet. i think it’ll hit tomorrow when i have a whole day to myself. though i think there is a hall meeting at 2:10 and then we are meeting some other people who organize stuff for our hall. i can’t for the life of me remember what they are called… oh well. I FINALLY got a key for my room, yipee, it’s official. I’ll upload pictures soon, the wifi on my phone isn’t working well so i can’t get the pictures off quite yet. Well i should wrap this up, Scarlet and all her people should be over here any minute. Once i start classes i’ll write again. hopefully it all goes well!


p.s. Sorry for all the posts today. i'm copying them from my other blog, http://jillbrittany.tumblr.com/ My other blog is quite complicated so for those of you who wanted to comment, (my mom) here you go.

1 comment:

  1. hey, I see a chili's! I think that's chili's! Is that a chili's over there? what do ya know..chili's!! Just sayin..

    ReplyDelete